Sunday, February 6, 2011

When Ignored...


      Ever felt ignored? Ignored by the same people, who have been constant companions and supporters? I am not talking only of people who are friends but also about the people who have taught us how to live in this world. I am ignored, not by the people who never regarded me, but by those who made my beautiful memories in the past.

     I am always Miss popular in high school. I owe that to the fact that I am always an A+ student with lots of extracurricular activities. Even students of other schools knew about me, as I always got back to school from any competition with laurels, 90% of the time. As usual, me and my friend, who shares a common interest and background, were not only popular kids, but competent in acad's. Though we were popular, we weren't proud. Everyone liked us because we were brainy and also amiable. Everyone wanted to be friends with us and were, then. Once my studies were over, I left for college. But my heart didn't, it was still stuck in my high school. After sometime, I went to my school. I was excited to meet all the teachers who taught me and my juniors. I went but the reaction of people wasn't good. I taught that they were busy with their work. Later I went again to school annual day despite not getting the invitation. I was supposed to get an invitation because I was in the top five academically and also for excellence in other activities. But I wasn't invited. Still I went hoping that I get to talk to the people I know. I went there and for the first time in my life, I regretted doing something like that, going for something without invitation. I got no soul to talk to. Even when i tried to make a conversation, everyone behaved as if I am a passerby and a total stranger. That's my first experience with the worst human behavior and my last trip to school. It happened more than 10 years ago but the wound is still fresh.

        A few weeks back, I met a person who was a fatherly figure in my college days. I was with my college friends and we came across him. I was happy to see him and started talking. But he consciously ignored me replying me, sometimes, with a yes or no. I left after a few minutes.

       My high school days are supposed to be sweet memories, especially when I achieved so much then. So are my college days, and these people. But I never thought that these people, who made my life, have turned my sweet memories to bad dreams. Even now, when I pass by my school I prefer not to look at it. I'll be reminded of only the way how people behaved with me later. A pang of remorse sweeps over me as to why I ever trusted these people and got hurt, as an aftermath. This 'father figure' is now added to this list. I don't know why people behave like that. I can understand if people, who always hated me, don't speak to me. But what about the people who were enjoying everyone's attention by being friends or mentors, when we were a success? A problem can be solved if there's a reason or a cause. But is there a reason to this? If there is, what is it? Is it their narrow mindedness or is it something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment