Saturday, February 12, 2011

Work, Money and the Things they buy

       I have always been thinking of switching my career, even before I completed 1 year with the firm. I work in a job which takes up 9 hours in the office and at least 3 hours on the roads due to traffic daily.  And the work is not at all challenging. I'm the kind of person who loves challenges and is debilitated without it. No wonder I feel so immobilized.These days I am so fed up that i don't want to work at all. It's not a problem with the firm because all companies need the same type of work.

       So I've been thinking of quitting the job. But what should i do after quitting? I will be rejoicing first week 'being unemployed'. But, with my mentality,I cannot bear abeyance or stagnation. I grow restless first and then insanity follows. Maybe, I can go into woods like Thoreau and write a book (Okay! I can't do it) or go around the world but what about the bucks needed to do that? Since I won't be getting my paycheck, how will i survive? My thoughts turned to earning passive income but that amount is far too less to live with, let alone pay for traveling.

       I never had myself attached too much with money but the thought of not getting paycheck is conjuring up nightmares of being a pauper. Everyone says that it's hard to give up job, even if it sucks. For the first time in my life, I am believing it now. And the saddest part is that paycheck is responsible for it rather than the job itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment