Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Accepting Past


I'm not a perfect soul. But I have always been trying to achieve perfection. . Some wise person said that one who can live in peace with self will be the happiest. The other day I was thinking about this. Like everyone one else in this world, I too have regrets, bitterness, disappointments in my life. I keep thinking about who life would be different if I had made a different choice or where I would've been if  I tried or did things differently. There are times where clearly I made the obvious wrong choice. At the end of the day, I remind myself that I did whatever I thought was best in the past. I made those decisions with the maturity I had on that day. Since I had different mind set, what I did then was perfectly right. Most of the things then stop bothering me, at least for some time. Still, I always have things that keep me awake at nights, and most are from the past.

There are some situations which deeply pain me even at the thought of them. My mind warns to stop thinking of it. A logical decision! But sometimes, I insist on thinking about it and try to make peace with it. Though the process is painful, sometimes I get over those completely. The next time I think about them, they no longer are issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment