Thursday, March 10, 2011

Are Dreams for Real?

             When I was kid, I had dreamed of many things. I would be going around the world, be successful and live very happily. I was in military forces one day, CEO next day.... But I decided that I would be an astronaut ever since I stepped into high school. I behaved like one. As time progressed, I was forced to give up on that as I had health problems. I had shut off myself against it. I switched to another stream, first reluctantly and then out of genuine interest. I then started dreaming of being successful in this particular field. Again something happened and I had to land into a job which couldn't entrance me, even for a split second, in these many years. After taking it up, I had only one dream. To be happy. But someway or the other, even this seems eluding. So why are we still dreaming?
               
              I am not looking for an answer as to why this is happening? I just want to know if dreams are fantasies that we humans invent for ourselves to live through the day or are they something real, moving and forcing us to act upon something great. I know, I don't get accurate answer even if I ask people because they give only their perception of it. Well, as for me, when times are rough, I go by the line 'Thy will be done'. All other times, 'I will be the master of my fate, Captain of my soul.'



No comments:

Post a Comment