Thursday, March 10, 2011

In an effort to stay sane!


The title is weird, I know. I just want to convey that I am trying to stay sane. My work load has increased in the office and I am working without a break from 4 weeks. Another break-less week is ahead. The first week I literally collapsed with the stress and tension. At one point I totally gave up and started to search in Google with the phrases 'unemployed' 'survive without paycheck' 'quit day job' 'unhappy at work'. It sounds insane but as far as I know everyone does this. At the last search I found a blog about happiness at work. 'Funny Title! it's an oxymoron' was my first thought. But as I kept reading, there are many things I found really helpful. The site is 'www.positivesharing.com'. 


 After reading for sometime, I kept thinking about why I am living on the edge, as if hell breaks loose if i don't work so seriously and tensely.  I found out that the main reason that I get much tensed about work and stay worried all the time is that I keep thinking about work even when I leave office. To clarify, I don't work after coming home or do work related things but will have a background score of work running always. May be I am paying too much attention. Should work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment