Monday, March 14, 2011

*Conditions Apply


Most of the times we fail to notice the tagline. And sometimes we think there will be no taglines at all. One such time will be when we are practicing virtues, ideals...
I generally have a habit of accepting any mistake I make. I generally don't feel defensive when people point me out. I feel ashamed, admit that I made a mistake and then act on it to make the situation better. One such thing happened recently. Someone pointed me for my work that I made a mistake. I accepted and thanked them for pointing it out. While all this happened, I felt that this particular person is trying to help me out. I continued rectifying my mistake. However, I was blithely unaware that ‘person’ was cooking something behind my back. This one added few more spices to what I did and raised a mini emergency crisis. When I went back to work the next day, I found out that the situation is much worse than I expected. The Black suits had been told, obviously by ‘this one’, that the whole team (My team at work) has been negligent, reckless and stuff like that. This incident sort of created a war like situation at work and made me read the tagline again, Conditions apply.
Maybe we can accept and own our mistakes before others but what matters is who the ‘others’ are. Most of the times, we don’t know who the ‘others’ are. They might be anyone, Friends, Opportunists, Enemies or simply by-standers. I made a mistake not by accepting my mistake but by accepting it before the wrong person.
Well, this serves as a lesson. Never again in my life will hastily proceed without thinking twice. J

No comments:

Post a Comment